Hi, Krista here to talk to you about Back To School Photos!
I am a big proponent of making the effort to capture all the moments of your life- big and small! I make a point of dragging out my big girl camera and capturing my kiddos on the first (and last) days of schools. At the end of the year I like to compare the photos to see how much they have grown and changed.
I look around my house and gather props that I already have on hand- globe, colored pencils, chalkboard, etc. With bribes in hand, (I like to use Pez or Smarties candy because they are small and don’t make a big mess!) I gather the Kids to take a few photos. I let them know how important these photos are to me and will shoot until I think I have what I need or when the fun stops.
Here are some tips for successful Back To School Photos:
- Use props you already have on hand (apples, rulers, pencils, etc)
- Wake up a little bit earlier on First and Last days of school to give yourself enough time to take a few photos
- Scour Pinterest for FREE printable signs
- Include friends, teachers and signs at school
- Take a photo of your child with their favorite book
- Have your child hold up their fingers to show their age
- Don’t forget to get a photo of their backpack!
- Have your child write their name and grade on a chalkboard or white board
- Use Pez and Smarties candy as bribes
- Get in the photo
- Have fun!
Don’t forget to scrap your wonderful photos too!